Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Council Asset Protection Cleared??

Today I received a 'letter of clearance' from the Council for the Asset Protection. It's all well and good that they sent someone around to 'check' the condition of their assets, but the letter went on to say I will be receiving the deposit refund shortly. I rang the Council on 17th October to let them know the demo had finished, but as the permit lasts for 24 months it needed to be used through the construction phase as well (I refuse to get another one totalling $4000 roughly out of pocket for 12 months!) So another phone call today to tell them not to send the cheque...which, funnily enough, is probably in the mail now! If I receive it, I will have to ring the Council yet again to get them to cancel it.

The letter states 'I am pleased to advise that Council is satisfied that it's assets have been returned to a satisfactory standard'. I'm sure they didn't look too closely at the mashed mess called a footpath! Hilarious!!

Still no word from Henley, and no more movement on the block...except for us who keep visiting and scavenging for 'old bits'! We've found many broken bathroom tiles, bricks, and roof tiles, and have fun getting the children to work out what part of the house it was from!! OK, so it's pretty sad, but we have to pass this waiting game somehow!!

6 comments:

Toni said...

oh the thought of you guys scavenging through the block brings a sad picture to mind :-(

Hope you got the chq thing sorted out....Councils??? How hard is it?

Hope you get some news from H soon!

Houman Tarash said...

Hope everything will start moving soon and even more important finish soon.

stormygirl said...

HTB - I can tell you now, I'm so sick of talking to the Council about the Asset Protection! Anyway, the cheque didn't arrive, so hopefully they cancelled it before it was sent!

Henley have emailed, but not answered my questions, so I'll be attempting to call again this week...if I can find time between all the other stuff I have to do!

Houman - I hope everything will start soon too. If we can get a slab before Christmas it will help ease the pressure. At this stage, I don't think we'll be in before Christmas next year...which I was really hoping for. I hope thngs are going OK at your home? Haven't heard an update for a while...

Toni said...

any movement???? Hope the council got their act together!

stormygirl said...

Yes, all good news!! I've been in contact with Henley and our file goes to construction department next week!

The cheque didn't arrive, so Council must have caught it before it left :)

New post with pics sometime tomorrow!

Houman Tarash said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure that they do NOT pour the slab on a hot day, so you do not go through what I went...
The things are finally moving, I have a promise date of Monday the 24/11 for the final inspection, but looking at the house today, I have my??????? I really hope before Christmas I get the house, so I can do the rest during my 2 weeks break.