Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Change of Scenery.

Welcome to the new look blog! Although I loved the colours of the old template, I just felt it was all a little squashed together, and I was quite limited with the size photos I could put on it. This new template will take time to get used to (it's so white!), but I will jazz it up a little over time, and perhaps create another title banner. I have also added a 'timeline of our journey' as a list down the left side. It's amazing to think we began this journey 12 months ago...although there was a six month hiccup in the middle of it!

I didn't hear from Henley last week, but will email tomorrow to find out what is happening. I really want a slab before Christmas, but at this late stage, I guess it's looking highly unlikely...

2 comments:

Toni said...

Love the new look Stormy :-)

I think a slab before Christmas is achievable.....they just need to pull their finger out! Scrape, Pipes and formwork can be done in a week.

Good luck!

stormygirl said...

I think I need all the luck in the world at the moment...

I emailed my CSA this morning...she is on holidays again. I then rang Henley and spoke to another Admin, who will be chasing things up and emailing me this afternoon. The concreters will go on holidays on the 21st December (aparantly), and they are trying to cope with an influx of jobs before Christmas.

I think, having waited so bloody long so far, we should be the number one priority!!! ;-)

It's been over 6 weeks now since demo was complete, there have been no hold ups with permits, finance or anything. We are ready to go, but still no start date. Grrrr...

It's so frustrating when people keep asking me "How is the house going?". "What house?"

I'm sure everyone in the street must think we have changed our minds...