Now that the children are back at school, It's been wonderful finding some free (and quiet) time to myself. It's only been 2 days, but I have managed to create some more wall art for the house. This time for the powder room.
I still had the butterfly pattern I used for a triptych for my niece a few years ago, but I wanted to create something that looked like a specimen case. I have seen quite a few various different approaches to making this using a butterfly punch, but since I already had a pattern, I went about cutting out the butterflies by hand.
These are the original canvases I created for my Niece 2 years ago:
...and this is the one which took me about 4 hours and cost less than $30 (frame included):
I still need to add some small padded double sided tape to under the wings to keep them raised, so hopefully I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow.
It should match really well in the powder room, but might have to wait until the weekend to be put up!
Khaki (once called olive) Is The New Black
1 hour ago