Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time For A Change Part 2.

Following on from my last post, I've been trying a few different things for the empty birdcage, including putting old books in it, but you really couldn't tell there was anything in there. Instead I left it empty and put the old books (some lovely ones I picked up for 50c each at Op Shops) on the table with a bird sitting on top. I also bought a small bird metal picture and lent it up against the birdcage.





I also finally redesigned the birds nest in the apothecary jar. I found some decorative 'bramble vine' on sale at a nursery and twisted that into a nest shape instead of the raffia. I think it looks a bit more realistic now!



I will probably still move things around a bit further...can't seem to make up my mind!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, loving the pretty books you also have on display. xox

Kek said...

Love it, Stormy!

Moving stuff around constantly is half the fun. ;)

Jenny said...

It looks very pretty and I love your bird cage. ;-)

The House That A-M Built said...

I am all for stacks of books with pretties on them! Looks gorgeous. A-M xx

Kym said...

Love, love ,love the twisted vine and books, it looks gorgeous...love moving things around too it's half the fun. X