I originally created 3 canvases for my Daughter (first ones I ever made...), but I was never entirely happy with them and had planned to re-do them. For a start, the actual canvases were really cheap...and looked it! The corners were terrible and the finish on them was pretty rough. What I had painted on them was pretty 'rough' too, and a bit wishy washy in colour! So for a few hours over a couple of days I set about creating another 'brighter' set!
My painting skills 'between the lines' leaves a lot to be desired, so the body of the tutus were replaced with paper! Much easier for me to cut and paste than draw!!
I've also finished another canvas I created for a friend, after she saw the red bird one I did and wanted one in blues and oranges. Hunting down the right sort of paper for the bird was a little challenging, but once I found it the rest of the colours were easy.
I hope she likes it!!
I have plenty more things in the pipeline and some very busy days ahead to get them all finished! No deadlines as such, but it's nice to get little projects finished so I can move on to the next major one...my buttoned ottoman!
Stalking the other half of a conncrete block warehouse
49 minutes ago