Thursday, August 20, 2009

We have a date!!

Our New Home Inspection is booked for Thursday 27th August!!!

Considering it will be the first time in 4 weeks I have been inside the house, I'll be armed with my camera, not to mention my list of external 'things to fix' and my eagle eyed vision to pick up every detail and anything that will need fixing!

I am also taking along a small electrical appliance (possibly a hairdryer) to check every powerpoint, a spirit level, a tape measure, a torch and a couple of 100 watt incandescent light globes. The house has compact fluoros in it at the moment, but since they are not staying, I want to look at the paintwork with the lighting we will be living with, not the fluoros which give me a headache!

Apart from going over absolutely everything with a fine tooth comb and making sure it all opens and shuts, if you can think of anything we should be looking out for, please let me know, particually if you have been through a PCI before!

Bring on Thursday!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic news!! :D

Asmail said...

Hi Stormy,

Great to see you are almost there!
I haven't been updating from long time.
News is we have signed the Tender with Henley(yes after 1 month of frustatation). Regatta 288 was fixed in our minds and considering Henley wont allow any changes in our case which they did, we had to go with them. We did look at other builders but the price, inclusions and quality was hard to match.
Waitnig for contract!
Really hoping things will go fine.
Always getting positive response looking at your blog and other Henley blogs.
Good luck and will be in touch!
Regards,
Ismail

stormygirl said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm getting nervous, but I'm sure I won't overlook anything.

Hi Ismail,

Great to hear from you again! Congratulations, and my very best wishes to you for a smooth build. It won't be easy, and there will be many highs and many lows. If in doubt about anything there is always an independant inspector. I have been extremely lucky to have had a wonderful and professional SS, and I never felt the need for one. I look forward to following your journey when you start a blog!

Kek said...

It's hard to remember the things we missed at PCI now.... turn on taps, open and close windows, look in every cupboard. Climb up a ladder and make sure your insulation batts are in.

Maybe take some cleaning cloths in case tiles and benchtops are still dusty, so you can check carefully for any chips, scratches or chips. We missed a small crack in a glass tile - picked it up after handover and got it replaced, but it would have been less of a drama if we'd spotted it it PCI.

Good luck with it - I'm sure you're going to love it!