Friday, January 9, 2009

Shopping....again!!

Why, oh why do I have such expensive taste? ;-)

Time to hit the Mornington shops this afternoon! I do tend to travel a bit for window shopping, but hey, why not!! I like to make sure I see everything that's available in case I might miss out on something! I ventured into Bed Bath 'N Table and noticed they now have 70% off their Christmas decorations, so I added to the collection with 5 more baubles. I also bought a storage basket for my Daughters book shelves at 40% off,so have to be happy spending about $9 instead of $15! What really caught my eye were the gorgeous earrings the Sales Assistant was wearing. None other than the Eiffel Tower, complete with bling. I just had to ask her where she purchased them from, and of course the answer was Paris. BUT, she did let me know that she also works at the Tyabb Packing House and they are available there for $70. It's a place I have often frequented, and had planned on going whilst down on the Peninsula. No excuse now...

What really took my fancy in another shop was a pair of 18th Century french wooden and wrought iron doors for ....wait for it...$12,000!! Somehow, I don't think so. But nice to drool, anyway!

Another purchase I walked away with was the December 2008 British edition of 'Country Homes and Interiors' complete with lots of drool worthy Christmas ideas for the new home and gorgeous furniture. Ah....I can dream, can't I?

No comments: