Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Brick saga continues.....

After too-ing and fro-ing with phone messages today, I was finally able to talk to my CSA about my utter disappointment at my missing bricks. I was lead to believe that ALL the bricks could be mine, but in actual fact, only the opened pallets were supposed to stay. In the end, they ended up taking the lot, which they shouldn't have. So my CSA has apologised profusely. Still leaves me very disappointed having asked on several occasions to keep the bricks.

I decided I would then scour the site for any odd left overs this afternoon, but by the time I got there, the rubbish cage had been emptied and the site had been completely cleared, leaving NOT ONE brick in the front of the property. I was, again, bitterly disappointed...should have done it over the weekend. But then again, I thought I was doing the right thing by going through the right channels and gaining permission to do so. In future I'll just do it, like I did with the 6 roof and capping tiles I have here in the garage...

Anyway, I have attempted to get in contact with the Rep from Daniel Robertson who looks after all the Henley bricks, but have not been able to. I have decided to go to their showroom in Nunawading tomorrow and organise to have those 6 pallets of bricks reserved for me (and any more they might have) so I can have the matching brick fence I so desire. Unfortunately, I will have to pay for them, and they won't be able to deliver them until after handover...that is, IF they have them and they haven't been taken elsewhere, or worse still, binned. Now that would be an absolute tragedy, and an utter waste of such gorgeous bricks - my bricks.

Still no lock-up, but the eaves have been painted.

4 comments:

The House That A-M Built said...

It's a constant battle and I tell you at this stage I am soooo weary!... and teary! You need to find out if you paid for those bricks. I would not pay a cent until it is clear who paid for them. Good luck. It's looking fabulous by the way! A-M xx

Sophie said...

We had the same issue but there weren't so many leftovers as you had. We'd made it clear we wanted the leftovers and even offered to collect them. I stopped by one night and found the remaining bricks - about 50 - tossed on the rubbish pile. I picked up about 10 but left the rest as we were meeting the ss the next day on site and intended to remind him about the bricks then - we'd even take them offsite if needed. OH turned up to the meeting with the SS to find the site cleaned and all of the bricks gone! When we asked about who pays we were told that it's all factored into the price....

stormygirl said...

A battle indeed, A-M. The builder returned the unopened pallets so THEY could get the credit. It's pretty much standard practice, but I will find out if I get some money back as there were lots of leftovers. I'd assume, NOT. I don't assume anything any more with this whole building caper...

Frustrating, isn't it, Sophie. Especially when specifically requesting them, then finding them all gone. Theoretically, they are only supposed to return the full pallets, but I had remaining roof tiles from an opened packet, and they took those too. Luckily I had already helped myself to several...

Oliveaux said...

It is very frustrating. I hope it all works out. Your house is looking great! Ax